Eyelash Curler Comparison Review: Tarte, Shiseido, and Shu Uemura

tarte shi shu lash curlers
From left to right: Tarte, Shisheido, and Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers

A perfect eyelash curlers are quite hard to find. The one that will fit your eye shape and will give a good curl without crimping. Out of these three, none of them are perfect for me. =/ but I thought I would do a comparison. :)



Curvature: Tarte >> Shiseido >> Shu Uemura
Tarte curler is the most curved out of the three, and it's also the narrowest. Tarte one fits my eyes the best. I have Asians eyes (sounds weird. :P) but they are more on the rounded side. So Tarte curler fits my eyes the best. Keep in mind, it's not too rounded. It's just that other two are quite flat. Also other two are too wide and hit my orbital bone before I can get to inner and outer lashes. So if your eyes are on the flatter side, Shu will probably fit best. If your eyes are in the middle, Shiseido. :)

Tarte Shiseido Shu Lash curler
From left to right: Tarte, Shiseido, Shu Uemura

Curl versus Crimp: Shu Uemura >> Tarte >> Shiseido Any curler will crimp your lashes if you apply too much pressure but they are ones that crimp your lashes so easily. The infamous Shu curler gives the best curl in my opinion. Tarte one does a nicely as well. Shiseido one on the other hand... this one crimps so easily. It crimps more often than curl my lashes. Boo :(


Ease of Use: Shiseido = Shu Uemura >> Tarte
Shiseido and Shu ones are both quite convenient to use. Also easier to travel with because they don't have the spring mechanism that makes the curler to be always opened up and take more space. Also the handle. Tarte handle doesn't allow you to rest the curler on your hand easily. You consciously have to hold on to it. It's especially hard to hold/balance/not drop since the handle is now bent out of shape. :( That also shows it's not well built.

Despite the inconvenience of Tarte curler, it's my favorite out of the three because it's fits my rounded eyes the best and doesn't hit my orbital bone. Unless a curler fails to curl and just crimp all the time, I think curvature fit to your eye is most important. That's why I only use Tarte curler on everyday basis. :)

Comments

  1. Shiseido eyelash curler is always in my bag. I use it whenever making up so that my eyelash becomes curler and more attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment