Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler versus Lancome Le Curler

shu lancome lash curler
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and Lancome Eyelash Curler
Shu Uemura is one of the most well loved eyelash curlers. But it is not readily available in the U.S. Of course you can get it online but you can't walk into a store and get it. Lancome is relatively recent product, and many have said Lancome is just like the Shu. Well, I can tell you it's not exactly the same. It's very very similar though.


First, the curvature up front. The picture is a little deceiving because I couldn't get the Lancome curler to lay flat. But from my close eye inspection, Shu Uemura is bit more curved. But small difference. Every aspect of comparison will end in "small difference." Lol


Secondly, the curvature from the top. Lancome is lightly less curved. Unless you are staring at it like I did, it looks pretty much the same. As far as the pads go, they feel pretty similar. It's not the most cushiony pads.


Lastly, how much it opens. Shu Uemura opens a bit more. Shu Uemura has a narrow opening compared to other lash curlers so that means Lancome opening is particularly small. Little inconvenient.

Overall, the two are definitely similar. Lancome one is more well made though. Bunch of small differences but they might add up to make a difference on how they perform. I can't really tell because neither really works for me. I need something more curved both from the front and from the top. Anyone have have recommendations? 

Comments

  1. I heard the Lancome curler was designed by the SHU people... (Sephora rep says...) Might be the reason why they are so equivalent in size and looks. I wanted to try it out but I couldn't really justify the $ being higher than SHU. I ended up getting Sephora and it's working pretty well so far. Fits my eyes very well and does not pinch at all. Gotta keep trying it out but I'm hoping this one will be a keeper so I can save money from buying SHU's all the time.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment