Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer and Barely Beige

color tattoo neutral
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer and Barely Beige 
I finally found these limited edition goodies! I had to keep my eyes out quite a bit. :) I got shades Barely Beige and Gold Shimmer. Here are what those look like in the pots.

These cream shadows(original line) are my absolutely favorite, so I was so excited to see more neutral colors!

These come in a glass pot with plastic cap. I haven't had a problem with shadows drying out with the ones from permanently line so I don't think these will be a problem either. Easy to close to open. It's a bit heavy and again made of glass, so it's not horribly travel friendly. But carrying one as a base is not too difficult. Lots of colors as individual shadows is a different story. 

color tattoo neutral
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer and Barely Beige 
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer
Gold Shimmer is a brassy brown with lots of gold shimmer. Because of an abundance of the gold shimmers it looks lighter than it looks in the picture. It's very appropriately named. :D
color tattoo gold shimmer
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer
I swatched it next to Bad to the Bronze from the original line. The colors are not very similar. Again, shimmers in Gold Shimmer has high effect on color. Bad to the Bronze's color is not as two toned. Base color matches the shimmers. Of course, the base color themselves differ between the two.
color tattoo gold shimmer and bad to the bronze swatches
Maybelline Color Tatoo in Gold Shimmer and Bad to the Bronze Swatches
Up next is Barely Beige! I figured this would serve as a great base.
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
It's a shimmery peachy beige. It has a bit of yellow in it but not a lot. It's mostly peach. This is a very brightening color on my skin, NC25. Light shadows tend to look ridiculous on me but this isn't too light. :)
color tattoo in barely beige
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
I swatched Barely Beige next to Too Cool from the permanent line. Too Cool was too stark white to wear on my eyes alone. Even as a base, it was a bit too white. But Barely Beige is flesh toned that I can wear it alone or wear it as a base. I prefer Barely Beige much more.
barely beige and too cool swatches
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige and Too Cool Swatches

As with permanent range, these have a great wearing time. Alone over primer, they will last about 10 hours or so. Absolutely impressive for a cream shadow. If I wear it with primer and shadow on top, it won't crease until I take it off. I have worn it for 15 hours tops. 

These two consistencies are actually creamier than the ones I have from permanent line. I can pick it up better with my fingers and it goes on smoother on eyes. I am absolutely in love. I wish they would make these a permanently line. Where I got them, there were only two of each shade so I highly recommend getting these right away if you are interested. There are other two shades, Mossy Green and Rich Mahogany, as well. I hope this helps and I also hope that you don't have too much problem finding these if you want them!

Rating: A


Comments