Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner Review

Benefit They're Real Pushup gel eyeliner
Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
Yay for deluxe sample sizes. I didn't want to go for the regular sized one because I've been seeing mixed reviews about this new eyeliner for Benefit Cosmetics. It's a twist up gel liner in a pen form with silicone applicator.




Not that these are important but below are things that Benefit claims this liner does. ;)

It comes with the orange stopper. I kept it and put in back in after using the liner to prevent the liner from drying. Putting the stopper back in does waste some product though.




 I didn't have high expectations. But I still wanted to try since some people reported that it wears like iron even though it flakes. The most smudge free eyeliner I've tried was very prone to flaking so I thought it sounded convincing that Push-up Liner was long wearing regarding smudges. As someone who prefer flakes to smudges, I gave it a try.

After trying it a few times, I have to say this sucks lots. It's hard to use. I like the applicator but the liner itself is not fluid enough to create a smooth line. A smooth line requires going over the line multiple times. Even then it's not perfectly smooth. Also in the process, the line gets very thick, which I think would be fine for some people who like their liners thick anyway. But even so, it's hard to control the thickness. That means uneven liner. A big no no.

On top of that, it wears horribly. On me, it smudged AND flaked within a couple of hours. Interestingly enough, wearing a primer doesn't help. Also the swatches on my hand came off without a trace fairly easily with water and minimal rubbing so I wouldn't say it's waterproof.

The liner is very black and it smudges fairly well for a liner that is very dry. But that's not enough to make up for crappy aspects of the formula.



So my verdict on this liner is nice applicator, awful awful formula.

Comments