Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner Review

Benefit They're Real Pushup gel eyeliner
Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
Yay for deluxe sample sizes. I didn't want to go for the regular sized one because I've been seeing mixed reviews about this new eyeliner for Benefit Cosmetics. It's a twist up gel liner in a pen form with silicone applicator.




Not that these are important but below are things that Benefit claims this liner does. ;)

It comes with the orange stopper. I kept it and put in back in after using the liner to prevent the liner from drying. Putting the stopper back in does waste some product though.




 I didn't have high expectations. But I still wanted to try since some people reported that it wears like iron even though it flakes. The most smudge free eyeliner I've tried was very prone to flaking so I thought it sounded convincing that Push-up Liner was long wearing regarding smudges. As someone who prefer flakes to smudges, I gave it a try.

After trying it a few times, I have to say this sucks lots. It's hard to use. I like the applicator but the liner itself is not fluid enough to create a smooth line. A smooth line requires going over the line multiple times. Even then it's not perfectly smooth. Also in the process, the line gets very thick, which I think would be fine for some people who like their liners thick anyway. But even so, it's hard to control the thickness. That means uneven liner. A big no no.

On top of that, it wears horribly. On me, it smudged AND flaked within a couple of hours. Interestingly enough, wearing a primer doesn't help. Also the swatches on my hand came off without a trace fairly easily with water and minimal rubbing so I wouldn't say it's waterproof.

The liner is very black and it smudges fairly well for a liner that is very dry. But that's not enough to make up for crappy aspects of the formula.



So my verdict on this liner is nice applicator, awful awful formula.