Haul!

mac shy shine, mac garb, bobbi brown desert rose kiehl's foaming cleanser
MAC Lipstick in Shy Shine (Lustre), MAC Sheertone Blush  in Garb,
 Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Rose, and Keihl's Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser

I went to an outlet today and I couldn't pass by Cosmetics Company and Designer Fragrances and Cosmetics Co. A magical force pulled me into these stores. :) Seriously, I was headed to them without thinking about it.

This has to be one of very few times I make impulsive cosmetic purchases. I really like to research products and plan my purchases out but there was no way of knowing what's available in those stores. I purchased    MAC Lustre Lipstick in Shy Shine, MAC Sheertone Blush in Garb, Bobbi Brown blush in Desert Rose, and Kiehl's Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser. I got the lipstick and two blushes from Cosmetics Company and the cleanser from Designer Fragrances and Cosmetics Co. The two MAC products are not currently available as they were limited editions. 

Shy Shine is sheer, slightly shimmery mauve/pink nude color. It's very wearable because it's pretty close to my natural lip color. It's my lips but better color for me. It gives a more polished look than bare lips. 

Garb is a sheer nude blush. It leans orange but it's very toned down color. 

Desert Rose is mauvy pink rose color. It's also very wearable. 

I was safe with color choices today, which is more practical because colors that make me say "Oooh~ Pretty!" look ridiculous on me. Safe blushes are good for me. :D

Here are some pics for the three items!




bobbi brown desert rose mac garb mac shy shine
From left to right: Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Rose,
MAC lipstick in Shy Shine, and MAC Sheertone Blush in Garb

Bobbi brown desert rose mac shy shine mac garb
From left to right: Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Rose,
MAC lipstick in Shy Shine, and MAC Sheertone Blush in Garb
Mac shy shine
MAC Shy Shine Lipstick

These cosmetics stores inside an outlet... The discount was good but not mind blowing. It was around 30% off. Sounds good but keep in mind that discontinued products = old products. I am not really concerned with powder products, but with lipstick I am. It has some permanent sweating marks on it. It doesn't smell rancid so I think it's good for now. But be sure to smell cream/liquid products after right after you buy them before you leave the outlet! :)

Comments

  1. I recently picked up a Bobbi Brown lipstick in Desert Rose from a blog sale and love the shade, texture & formula. It's really long wearing & super moisturizing. By far my favorite lipstick on the market & one I would gladly pay full price for when necessary. I'm going to keep my eyes open for the BB blush in this shade too. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment