Yves Saint Laurent YSL Rouge Volupte in No. 30 Faubourg Peach Review

ysl lipstick no 30 faubourg peach
YSL Rouge Volupte No. 30 Faubourg Peach

Yves Saint Laurent YSL Rouge Volupte in 30 Faubourg Peach is a bright peach lipstick with no pink tone in my eyes. This was my choice when I want a peach color that's not completely nude or have pink undertone. Sephora website calls it "pastel coral with red undertones". I don't see enough pink to call it coral though. But just as a reference. :) When worn lightly, it can give a peachy almost nude lips. It brightens your lips but it's not distracting bright this way. When built to opacity, it's the bright peach color that it is on the tube. I prefer to wear it lightly as it's much more wearable that way. 

Formula is very pigmented. It's also very creamy and moisturizing on your lips. With that comes the fact the lipstick is slippery and can bleed out. It's not an issue if you wear it sheer. It goes on beautifully but it can accentuate dry lips, so I recommend moisturizing well before :) Well, that goes for most lipsticks. This has spf 15.

It lasts about 2-3 hours on me with regular talking, drinking, and etc. It comes off easily on cups but some color do stay behind. The staying power is pretty typical of creamy lipsticks.

This is probably my favorite lipstick packaging. The tube is absolutely beautiful and looks very luxurious. The middle enamel part is the color of the lipstick so you can tell what it is without looking at the bottom. :) It broke once on me (it didn't twist down all the way) but I fixed it. That wasn't a packaging problem but more of a formula issue.

Here are more pictures!

YSL lipstick No 30 Faubourg Peach
YSL Rouge Volupte No. 30 Faubourg Peach

ysl lipstick no 30 swatch
YSL Rouge Volupte No. 30 Faubourg Peach Swatch

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It's definitely a hefty investment but I had a really difficult time looking for a bright peach lipstick without pink. This is it!! If you are creamy, moisturizing lipstick type of a person, I recommend it. If you are more of a long wearing lipstick type of a person, I would say skip it. Hope this helps. :)

Price: 34 USD at YSL U.S website or Sephora
Weight: 0.14oz/4g
Rating: A-

Comments