First Impressions: Fine Kalla Cheek Brush (Suqqu Cheek Alternative?! IDK)

Fine Kalla Brush
Fine Kalla Cheek Brush K-002 by Kyureido
This is not a review. More of a first impressions type thing. I've only used the brush twice but I was way to excited to keep myself from sharing. :)

Ever since I've learned about existence of this brush aka possibly Suqqu Cheek Brush dupe, my need for Suqqu Cheek Brush just transferred on to this one because Fine Kalla is more attainable. And cheaper. And sparkly handles! :D I ordered mine from Rakuten, and received it in three days. I believe Rakuten has bunch of individual sellers like gmarket.co.kr so the shipping and customer service would largely depend on the particular seller you are dealing with. This brush retailer was pretty quick!

Fine Kalla Cheek Brush is made by Kyureido. It's a small tapered cheek brush made of grey squirrels. It is soooooooo soft. Softer than my former softest brush Hakuhodo K020(blue squirrel). Even if I buff head on and get a little stabby with it, it doesn't irritate my skin or feel pokey. The bristles don't offer too much resistence. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't flop around but I don't think it will be the best to buff out the intense color that some other brush laid down. By itself, it's no problem because this applies color in a way that requires buffing anyways. It applies color softly without edges. Also due to the moderate-low level of resistance, it doesn't pick up too much product. Great for pigmented blush. It actually made me feel very differently about a blush that was on the brink of getting purged. I'm looking at you, Tom Ford Flush!! I love color of Flush but it never went on nicely until I used this brush. :) Ferrule and handle are glossy black with iridescent shimmers concentrated at the handle end of the brush.

The shape is rather reminiscent of Suqqu brush but I unfortunately cannot do a direct comparison because I don't own Suqqu brush or Suqqu anything. :( But I guess from countless pictures and videos I've seen admiring Suqqu Cheek. ;) Basic shape seems the same. Small, tapered, and flattened on one side. I think Fine Kalla is a tad fluffier than Suqqu though. (Pics are post wash so it is in poofed up state.) But then again, I guess and it's not like all Suqqu Cheek brushes are identical anyway. :) The size is still small enough to allow very targeted and directional application. It's harder to guess as far as density and resistance go, but my guess is that they're similar and they also perform similarly. Hopefully someone who owns both will do an review and enlighten me.

Edit: A kind person who owns both brushes allowed me to quote her on regarding the comparison between Suqqu and Fine Kalla. 
"I think the suqqu is a slight bit softer than the fine kalla, but the fine kalla is delicious soft. I have no complaints. at all. the fine kalla is a bit denser and I think that's why it seems a bit... smaller? the suqqu is a bit more diffuse. "
Wider side
Narrower Side


Size Comparison: From left to right, RMK Cheek Brush, Fine Kalla Cheek Brush, Hakuhodo Medium Yachiyo, Pointed
Overall, I am super impressed with this brush, and this was a great introduction to brushes by Kyureido. I won't be hesistant to order other brushes from them. :) For those of you who couldn't get Suqqu Cheek Brush but wanted it, I highly recommend this one. Getting this greatly reduced my desire to get Suqqu Cheek Brush. I no longer feel like I need it right now. Doesn't mean that I don't want it. Lol. But I think it will be like having 2 of same or very very similar brush, which I wouldn't mind at all. Hope this was a good bit of info if you were curious about this brush. :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments

  1. Great that you feel positive about this brush. I wanna try Suqqu blush brush but it's just too expensive. Thanks for introducing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though it's not a dupe, it is a great more affordable alternative. You're welcome. :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I've first heard of this brush on sweetmakeuptemptations.com, I think she has a comparison photos of the suqqu and the fine kalla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, someone has shared the link to that post. :) I believe her Suqqu brush is a bit differently shaped than most others so the differences may be more pronounced.

      Delete
  3. Can you let me know which rakuten seller you bought this brush from? I can't find it on rakuten. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure who the seller is but this link should lead you to the brush page. HTH! http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/akachanfude/item/398125/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :)

      Btw, can you let me know the measurements of your Hakuhodo yachiyo? I have one which I got thru a blogsale but I found out last night the length of the brush head, width of the ferrule and even the whole brush length don't tally with the measurements given of their 3 pointed yachiyos on the Hakuhodo website. I'd thought mine was the small one and was planning on getting a medium or large yachiyo. Your reply would be of most help to me. TIA!

      Delete
    3. My medium yachiyo measures 3.5cm which is a tad longer than what Hakuhodo states on their website but that might be due to my failure to measure accurately. Lol. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    4. This really helps! I was going to go for the medium yachiyo but now it's clear I should get the large one instead. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment