Review: MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion

MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion

So a funny story. Not really. Lol. I was looking for a dupe of this forever because this was limited edition and then I found it at Nordstrom after if was back ordered for awhile. The after I used it, I ordered a back up before they ran out again. Ha. The day it shipped, I read the press release that it's being released again. Left me feeling a bit weird/stupid but I am glad that people who were looking for this don't have to pay evil bay price. :)


It comes in a standard MAC fluidline packaging. A glass container and a plastic cap. It's not to bulky, and it closes tightly to prevent product from drying out. The cap is big enough to open and close fairly easily.  Nice packaging!

MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion

The shade is a cross between black, red and purple. Or dark dark plum. The finish is not flat as it has some shimmers in it. This is a really unique color but doesn't scream too loud and stand outish.

MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion

Formula is great. It's pigmented. One swipe is enough to get an opaque color payoff. It goes on very nicely and remains true to color. In other words the eyeliner color doesn't get consumed by dark shadows underneath. It also smudges less than Blacktrack Fluidline. It lasted without smudging for good seven hours. No fading. I was actually really impressed during wearing test. Also even if this smudges on you, I think this smudging will look better than black eyeliner smudging. Haha.

MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion Swatch

I highly recommend this as an alternative to black/brown eyeliners. Because the shade is quite dark, it is pretty easy to wear. While this is not too out there as an eyeliner color, I wouldn't say this is an everyday work appropriate. But for days you can play around with makeup more, this may be a great choice. It really brings out the brown in my eyes but I am sure that this is flattering on other color eyes as well. I actually prefer this to Blacktrack Fluidline as far as quality goes.

I had a really hard time finding a dupe for this especially just in the long wearing gel eyeliners go. I am happy to see it being released! :D Snatch it up before it's all gone!

Rating: A

Comments