Review: Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara


mega plush mascara
Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara
New drugstore mascara!! To be honest, I liked the packaging too much to not try it! Cute colors. :)

Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara is the newest addition to the Volum' Express line. And I got it in waterproof, of course. The Mega Plush Mascara claims to have a gel mousse formula that will give a nice volume and flexible lashes. 

I found that it does leave me with flexible lashes but not so much volume. Well, not like the Maybelline the Falsies would. Little something but not enough to call it a volumizing mascara. The mascara goes on very smoothly and not clumpy at all. Now, that might have to do with the fact that the wand really prevents you from putting on too much of the product on your lashes. But still, I was applying the mascara for two minutes to see how much it builds up. It does build up a tiny bit and no clumping whatsoever. Again, it gives a very smooth looking lashes. Not so much bumpy stumpy look that volumizing mascaras can often give. It also holds curl really well but that's typical of waterproof mascara.

Staying power is pretty good. I only use waterproof mascara and a lot of them smudges on me towards the end of the day. This one didn't smudge but I do notice two or three flakes after wear. Literally two or three. Nothing major. 

As you can see in the picture, the wand is very bendy. It doesn't have much resistance so you can't push a lot of product onto/against your lashes. I don't mind the brush but I know that some people really don't like this. I don't think it's necessarily beneficial. It does feel a bit weird. Lol. 

Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara
The brush itself is rounded. The bristles are not too dense, which I think helps not clump multiple lashes together.  

Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara

The color I got was Brownish Black because that was the only color that was available at my drugstore. Haha. It really doesn't have too much brown in it. I would say it's more of a soft black.

Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara in Brownish Black
I really like this mascara. Minor flaking and weird wand are my complaints. I am puzzled why they decided to put this as part of the Volum' Express line. It does nothing close to other mascaras in the line as far as the volume goes. But I find that this is really clean looking, everyday mascara as I don't really like thick, dramatic lashes on me day to day. I really recommend this but don't try with the expectation that this will perform like the Falsies mascara or the likes. But I like what it does. Clean, light, defined lashes. :D

Price: 6.99 USD at Ulta website
WeightL 0.3 fl. oz/ 9mL
Rating: B+


Comments