Review: theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer

theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
theBalm Bahama Mama
Remember when I reviewed my favorite cream bronzer? Well, here's my favorite powder bronzer. :)

Bahama Mama is a matte finish bronzer that is quite a cool brown. No oranginess here. :) It's a bit darker than popular NARS Laguna and Benefit Hoola. Super pigmented. I mainly use bronzers for contouring purposes only so darker and cool undertone works great. The quality of the bronzer will also be good for the all over the face application. But again it is quite a bit dark so I wouldn't recommend it for super fair people. 

It blends beautifully I mean really beautifully. Some bronzers really need a nice dense brush for blending. I could really blend this with anything. \o/ It stays pretty well as long as your foundation/base is not moving around. It does fade a little bit after 8 hours but it still stays in place and still gives a contoured look. It also doesn't kick off much powder excess.  

Packaging is cardboard with mirror and magnetic closure. It's nice. I like it. Just don't get it wet. :)

theBalm Bahama Mama
Here's the swatch. Look how pigmented and how well blends. It really looks like a shadow in my opinion.

the balm bahama mama bronzer swatch
theBalm Bahama Mama Swatch
Contouring is my favorite part of make up after laying the base down. :) I only contour with bronzers so I prefer matte, cool shadow looking colors. This is the best color/quality as far as the powder bronzers I have tried. I do reach more for Soleil Tan de Chanel during summer because oranginess does go better with tanned skin for me and sweat doesn't wipe it away. Sometimes in the summer, I do layer it over the cream bronzer. But during the summer I go to this bronzer most days. I highly recommend it. :D

Rating: A


Comments

  1. This looks very similar to Sleek's contour powder in Light. I recently bought a Makeup Forever eye shadow - a brown shade which I can't remember the number of - which works perfectly for contouring & brows.

    I prefer Fyrinnae's bronzers, both their matte & shimmer shades. The matte ones are totally matte with absolutely no orange tone to them, and their shimmer shades give a glow rather than a sparkly shimmer. They're really gorgeous, not to mention priced really well. Really high quality bronzers, and I've tried many. I've got a ridiculously huge stash of bronzers, from powders to creams to gels, very few of which I use on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment