Review: Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara Waterproof

illegal length mascara
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Waterproof 
Mascara time! Of course it's a drugstore. :D


It's a fiber mascara in a sleek silver tube. The tube is actually tapered. I like the tube, and the length of the wand is good. 

Since it is a fiber mascara, it promises to add length. Here's my experience with it. I did see a bit of lengthening. No volume added. It also didn't hold a curl. I think it's the only waterproof mascara that didn't hold a curl for me. Lol. The fibers were actually weighing down my lashes which naturally point straight down. If your lashes are naturally curled nicely, that might not be a problem for you. It does work better if I take the extra time to curl the lashes perfectly. If any of them are curved down, length is added downward. No good.

There is a good point! Other Maybelline waterproof mascaras tend to smudge on me at the end of the day but this one didn't. Through sweating and rain. 

illegal length mascara
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Waterproof 


illegal length mascara
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Waterproof 
 You can see the fibers in the picture below. They are there. :)

illegal length mascara
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Waterproof 

It's a decent mascara. Definitley not as good as other Maybelline mascaras I have tried. I does add length.  Well, I didn't like it because it is not well suited for short, sparse, straight Asian lashes. But it's still not a bad mascara. I think this will work the best with people with voluminous curly lashes who want length. Hope this helps. :)

Rating: B

Comments