Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara Review

maybelline the rocket volume express waterproof mascara
Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara in Waterproof Formula
Hey, peeps. I have another Maybelline mascara review for you. Probably 75% of my mascara tries are Maybelline. The Volume Express line usually doesn't fail me. :) So The Rocket is the newest addition to the line.






It has a quite odd looking tube to odd feeling handle but it really doesn't bother me when I am using it. A unique thing about this mascara is that unlike other mascaras in the Volume Express line, the brush is plastic. It's quite large and reminiscent of Covergirl Lashblast mascara brushes but there is an important difference. Each plastic bristle is much shorter on The Rocket than the Covergirl one. The shorter bristles allow me to take the brush to the roots and wiggle without smearing mascara all over the lid. \o/ I do feel it's a bit large for me to easily use it for corners of my eyes. But then I have never found a mascara brush small enough for corners.

I attempted to take before and after pictures so hopefully they will give you an idea of what it does.


One coat does make my sad little invisible lashes look visible. It's smooth looking, and it does separate well. I don't notice too much lengthening. Pretty nice though.



Second coat. It adds much more volume and it doesn't make lashes stick together too badly. I notice more lengthening with the second coat. You can probably see from the picture that it doesn't look smooth as it did with one coat. In other words, each lash starts looking a little bumpy. This is noticeable if you are a couple inches away form the mirror but farther than that I don't see it.


The formula is good. It holds the curl as most waterproof mascaras do. It smudges about the same as the Falsies but less than Colossal on me. So it smudges after six hours of so. I'm talking little smudges right under the lash line. Not whole raccoon eyes.

Overall, I really like this mascara a lot. At first I didn't like it but it has grown on me. With one coat, I still think the Falsies perform better but with second coat, this does better as it's not as clumpy as the Falsies. If you usually like Maybelline mascaras, I highly recommend this one. If you like super clean, smooth looking lashes, this may not be a good one for you.

Comments