Review: Burberry Complete Eye Palette No. 7 Pink Taupe

burberry eyeshadow quad pink taupe
Burberry Complete Eye Palette No. 7 Pink Taupe

Let me introduce my favorite eyeshadow palette. This one trumped Guerlain Les Fumes. :) I showed this in a Burberry haul before and promised a review. Here it is!


Burberry offers seven different palettes, and the choice was easy for me. As someone who didn't have any of the popular Burberry singles, I chose Pink Taupe. If you haven't noticed, the three of the colors are reminiscent of three singles Pale Barley, Tea Rose, and Midnight Brown to say the least. They might be those colors themselves. So keep that in mind if you have those colors already. :)

These come in a nice velvet pouch and three applicators. The shader looking applicator is actually really nice and soft. :) 



The colors are absolutely gorgeous. Pale iridescent brown, shimmery khaki, matte muted pink, and shimmery dark warm brown. I think this quad is very versatile. It can give you anything from softest subtle eyes to brown smokey eyes. Burberry single eyeshadows are called "Sheer" eyeshadows. As with those, these are not poorly pigmented but they are sheer enough that they give off that "I can see your eye's texture and flesh" sort of feel. In other words, it's not a block of color but sheer beautiful wash. Little hard to describe but I do like this finish better than "color blocks."

There are the most finely milled pressed shadows I've used. The quality is absolutely amazing. It's buttery to the touch. No excess powder kick off or fall out. It blends magically and it's the longest lasting shadows on me. I think it has to do with the fact that the finely milled powder don't move around to settle in my eye fold. Anyways, hands down the best quality shadows I've used. 


The swatches don't do it justice. It's just so beautiful in real life. 


This quad is absolutely amazing! It's a must have unless you have all the singles already. I've seen a mixed reviews about the quads from blogs. Some say they are great as their highly raved singles. Some say they are nothing like the singles. So I think the quality may vary from quad to quad. With pink taupe, I see no difference between the quad and singles. I highly recommend this. I've been neglecting my other shadows to be honest. :) Hope this helps!

Comments

  1. Your swatches are beautiful! This Pink Taupe is the one I have my eye on. So glad that it is part of the permanent range. My wallet needs to recover from the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try. :) Pink Taupe is absolutely lovely. I hope you like it when you get yours!

      Delete

Post a Comment