Review: Physicians Formula Beauty Balm Powder from Super BB Line

PF BB powder
Phyisicans Formula Beauty Balm BB Powder
One of the newly released drugstore face products! I was in need of a powder foundation so I picked this up. At a good deal too. Otherwise I probably would have gone for Revlon Nearly Naked Powder. Lol

The packaging looks cute in my opinion. It's a bulky as most Physicians Formula products are.


On the bottom compartment is a mirror and a interesting looking brush. Brush is soft but it's too stubby for full face application. I think it will work for touch ups though.


 Here's a look at the powder. The shade I picked is Light/Medium. It's a good match on my NC25 skin. :)


 A closer look at the powder. As you can see, it's not a matte powder. Quite a bit of shimmer in it but it's not chunky so they just make your face look dewy. But a warning. It can look a bit frosted under harsh lighting.


 And lastly the swatch. You can see the coverage through how much of my veins it covered up. It's light to medium coverage. It's buildable but you know what happens when you build up powder. CAKE FACE. Lol. It definitely evens out the skin tone without having to build up too much but it won't cover blemishes or marks. It gives a dewy finish which maybe best for dry skin. But it appears as if it accentuates dryness a bit in my eyes, so it's not ideal for dry skin either. Also it accentuates pores. D: It's been wearing very well but my skin is dry at the moment so I am not sure how it will hold up when my skin becomes oily again.
Phyisicans Formula Beauty Balm BB Powder Swatch
Overall, I am not that impressed. It's definitely usable. It kicks up so much powder when I take a brush to it and makes the white compact dirty very quickly. The powder is relatively finely milled but it's far from the being one of those creamy and dreamy powder. The fact that it accentuates dryness and pores is what kills it for me. I think I will try to grab Revlon Nearly Naked Powder and hope to have more luck with that one. :) Unfortunately, I  can't strongly recommend this one. But I think this will look nice on someone with really nice, normal skin who just needs a bit of evening out. :) Hope this helps!

Comments

  1. This doesn't sound that good, which is kind of sad because I was really looking forward to the PF bb collection. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the other two items are good. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. This was the worst powder I've ever bought!! It cakes on and gets in every crease and wrinkle!!! Out of 5 stars I give it negative 20 stars! Revalon color stay aqua mineral powder is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had worse but this wasn't good at all. I'll look into that one. :D

      Delete
  3. Bunny (Grav3yardgirl) made a first impression video of this on youtube, and she liked it. The problem is, how will it moist your skin since it's a powder?? Will you use a product in between washing and putting the powder on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use separate moisturizer and sunscreen underneath the powder.

      Delete

Post a Comment