YSL Spring 2013 Glossy Stains Swatches and 27 Review


YSL Glossy Stain 27 Peche Cerra-Cola is one of the four new shades in the Glossy Stain line. But first off. I didn't see whole a lot of swatches the new shades online so I will get to that first. I apologize for out of focus camera picture!




YSL GS Spring Swatches
From Left to Right: YSL Glossy Stains 27, 28, 29, and 30 Swatches
YSL Glossy Stains 27, 28, 29, and 30 Staining
Now on to the one I picked up, 27. It's a pretty peach. Quite glossy when it's freshly applied. I love this sort of color. It makes me look my age. >_< 


Applicator and packaging is quite nice. It definitely allow precise application and spreads the product across the lips well. Picks up enough product too but I personally need to double dip.

The texture of the glossy stain is quite thick and little bit sticky. But due to this texture, this thing is tenacious in the glossy form. I'm talking few hours. Never seen a regular gloss to that. On me at least. After the gloss "wears off," it leaves an faint orange stain. It's not that strong and it eventually darkens on me. I find that the stain doesn't last more than 2 hours by itself on me with regular talking, eating. and drinking.

The stain swatch below is a bit lighter than the actual stain it leaves because I wiped it off too quickly and didn't wipe it off very well. x_x



And a lip swatch. It is freshly applied.

YSL Glossy Stain 27 Lip Swatch

The thing about this color is that it doesn't show up on everyone. It's light and not uber pigmented. I tried it on my sister who has darker mauve/purple lips, and it did not show up at all. My lips are not that pigmented but I still need to do a couple layers to get it to look like the color it looks like in the swatches. It doesn't glob up though so that just means it will be used up a bit faster than other glossy stain. 

Nevertheless, it's pretty and a long wearing product. I am not in love with it, and I could have done without it to be honest. I highly suggest you try it on before you get it. :) 

Anyways wouldn't it be magical if someone came up with a stain that stains in a light peach color? A fain orange is best I've seen. I wonder if it's possible to stain something lips in a lighter color. Anyone know of anything like that?


Comments

  1. Oh the color is so pretty! Disappointed that it's so sheer though :/ I'm like your sister with more pigmented lips so this most likely won't show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With two layers, it might show up a bit. Don't let me discourage you from trying it the next time you're at ysl counter! I know it's become lip fave for some.

      Delete

Post a Comment