Suqqu Eyeshadow Quad No. 8 Mizuaoi Review

suqqu 08 mizuaoi palette
Suqqu Eyeshadow Quad No. 08 Mizuaoi
My first Suqqu item! Who knew it wasn't going to be a brush. Not me. Lol.
Suqqu quad Mizuaoi comes in a quite a large box with velvet pouch and the product. And product has double sided brush and sponge tip applicator. The brush feels really good. Did they make this with squirrel hair too? I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

The quad comes with two crazy shimmery shades, peachy pink and light blue. The shimmers in both are multicolored. The other two shades are a satin blackened purple which pretty much looks matte on and matte white base. The shimmer shades have fairly low pigmentation. If I want the colors to show as they do in the pan, I have to PACK it on but even then it's not quite there as far as color payoff. It's not invisible by any means. The shimmers are there and hint of colors are there. Certainly when I layer them I realize it's not "poorly" pigmented. They make a difference. 

Look how pretty!



Suqqu 8 quad EOTD
Suqqu Mizuaoi EOTD

As far as the formula goes, it's very different from what I typically consider "good quality" It's not buttery and it's not super pigmented. It's on the dry side and the darkest shade doesn't blend the easiest (floppy blue squirrel brush for the darkest color does not do it). It can be a little prone to fall out but it's nothing compared to how shimmery couples shades are. Like I've mentioned above, on my skin tone, I get a hint of  color instead of a strong color payoff from the two shimmery shades. In the last picture, colors are seriously packed on. That's how sheer it is. 

For those reasons, I wasn't a fan when I was playing with it. Then I looked in the mirrors in a decent lighting with the quad on, and I was pleasantly surprised. It gave me a finish/look that no other shadows has given me. It's very pretty and delicate looking. It took only two uses for me to fall in love it it. Plus layering colors is super fun. :) My main complaint is that because of my eyes shape, the shimmers move around and not sit as an even layer. I don't see any creasing. It just seems like shimmers don't stay put. Also I still wish it was a bit more pigmented but I admit I might still be in adjustment period from "super pigmented shadows = good." 

I had to get used to this one a bit but at the end of the day, it just looks so good on. It's worth the high price tag I had to pay. Lol. I love it and I look forward to getting more Suqqu quads! 

PS. When you research Suqqu eyeshadow quads, I strongly suggest looking at EOTDs along with swatches because they can look so different from what they look like in the pan. 

Comments

Post a Comment