Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs in 06 Les Fumés

guerlain quad les fumes
Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs in 06 Les Fumés
I got totally sucked into buying this. When I first saw it, I thought "Pretty but what's the big deal?". This quad is a big deal in my life. It's one of my favorite quads. Many other glorious eyeshadows have entered my life but this still looks beautiful in my eyes. 

It comes in the gold sleek packaging and a velvet pouch. The packaging definitely feels weighty in my hands but it doesn't take up too much stuff. Nice.

Moving on to colors. Here's how I would describe the colors. 

Shimmery dark taupe that flashes red
Matte dusty pink mauve
Satin dark cool brown
Metallic silvery taupe

Of these shades, the two vertical shades totally knock my socks off every time I put them on. So shimmery and they look beautiful and shines even under poor lighting. Not saying other two aren't great. They can keep the look calm for days I don't want my eyes to look super bright. I swear in pictures, these colors look a little meh, but in real life they look much better. On the eyes, they look even better. 

These shadows textures are smooth but not buttery. They also feel more pressed than other buttery, soft shadows. For that reason, I should have been more generous with the swatches to pick up enough shimmers to capture the colors that shades flash, so I apologize about that. Anyhoo, they go on, blend, and wear beautifully. I prefer to use dense brushes with these shadows.


I think picture captured colors the best.
guerlain les fumes swatches
Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs in 06 Les Fumés Swatches: Flash

Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs in 06 Les Fumés Swatches: Natural Light
This quad is a great work appropriate, everyday quad that isn't straight up brown. But the metallic taupe and the dark taupe with reddish shimmers can add pizzaz. Again, I cannot emphasize enough that this quad looks in picture < in real life in pan < on eyes. I highly recommend that you check this out!

Comments

  1. I've been lemming this palette for a looooong time. It swatches so beautifully on you!!! Ack I need to just get it!!! LOL :-) Do you have any other Guerlain palettes you love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! It's beautiful and such a useful palette. I only have two Guerlain palettes and love both! Les Fumes and Coup de Foudre

      Delete

Post a Comment