Review: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

RT Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


Brush time! Again. Lol. I love brushes.



Expert Face Brush is a synthetic face brush. It's dense and pretty small. It 's small enough to fit in the hollow of the cheek. It's appropriate for contouring not just foundation application. It's also stiffer and more dense than the RT buffing brush. The bristles are super soft, and there's absolutely no shedding.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

The shape is great for swiping on foundation and contouring. For me, it works the best for thin and regular foundations. It's not dense enough to really work thick foundation in to the skin. I prefer denser Sigma Sigmax brushes for thicker foundation.

My complaint about this brush is the handle. I am not a fan of what it looks like but leaving that aside, the handle feels slippery and light. I like a bit of weight in my brush handles because that usually makes application much more stable and feels anchored to me. This is a very light brush. Also the brush stands on its own as you can see in the picture below, which means the handle is really wide. It takes up way too much room in my brush holder I have it standing on the vanity by itself. And it knocks over. Not a fan of that.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
But all in all, this is a nice useful brush especially if you use thinner foundation because you can distribute foundation all over the face and buff as well. I like to use it for cream bronzer because I tend to use thicker foundations. I am not a big fan of Real Techniques brushes in general but this is one of the few that I do like!

Rating: B+

Comments