Hakuhodo J5523 Eye Brush Review


 Hi, brush review. :)



Hakuhodo J5523 is a dupe for well loved MAC 217 brush. Now I don't have MAC 217 but from pictures, they look pretty similar. That means this little thing is multipurpose as well! Just on the eye, it can apply lid color, apply crease or outer v, and blend. On the face, you can do concealer with this, but I am resistant to use creams with natural hair brushes.

J5523 is made with soft white goat bristles. Absolutely no shedding at all. It provides enough resistance to apply and blend. It does a little bit of give at the tip. Probably about 1/4 or 1/3 of the bristle length but it does not flop around by any means.  It's also one of the denser blending brushes I have. Couple sweeps and dark colors are nicely blended. I prefer this shape for a blending brush not for versatility but sheer easiness of blending colors. It's tapered so it allows for a targeted blending. The first picture above is prior to any wash, and three below have been washed at least ten times. As you can see, it keeps its shape pretty well though now I need to place the brush into brush guards to make it dense and nicely tapered. It's beginning to get a little fluffy.

217 dupe
Hakuhodo J5523 Brush


I highly recommend this brush! It's my favorite blending brush, and it's the only eye brush I've considered buying a second of. :) Now I won't do that because there are others to buy. Lol. I mainly just want to find a nice blending brush with squirrel hair. It's $18 at Hakuhodo website, so not too pricey!. Of course, they have their shipping so haul this when you settle on buying other brushes from Hakuhodo! Hope that helps. 

Comments