Tom Ford Blush in Flush Review

TF blush flush
Tom Ford Blush in Flush

Ayyy. Tom Ford. This is the most expensive blush I have ever purchased. It's whopping $55. I was so taken by the crazy vibrant color and the glowing reviews regarding its texture. Hmm...


The blush comes in a pouch that's a not very attractive looking and flimsy in my opinion. Glad it's there though. Not the point. Lol 

It comes without an applicator but with generous amount of product. Certainly not a wasteful packaging. Also it feels very sturdy.


Flush is super bright coral that leans more orange in pan. It has shimmers that are a bit more noticeable than Giorgio Armani or Burberry shimmers. But it still looks like a sheen than glitter bomb on cheeks. At a reasonable distance, it certainly doesn't look like a glittery blush.

Here are two swatches. With one swipe, it's not that crazy vibrant (it is still very brightening) and it actually pulls a bit pinker than it looks in pan. Now I've realized that has more to do with me than blush itself. I sort of make everything look pinker, which is odd because I am very warm toned. Anyhow, this may or may not pull pink as it does on my skin, so testing might be good. :)

tf blush flush swatch
Tom Ford Blush in Flush Swatch


So the texture... Maybe my expectation was too high from reading rave reviews but this did not impress me. It's definitely super pigmented and lasting power is good. I only notice slight fading at the end of the day. And yes, it feels finely milled but it doesn't feel as smooth as some other blushes. Also, it does not go on that well. For the sake of testing, I had Burberry Blossom on one cheek and this on the other, and Flush just looks patchy and not well applied in comparison. Same person. Same brush. I blame the blush. Lol

I LOVE the color but this was about to get purged because I just couldn't get a smooth, rounded color on my cheeks. Then I found this thing, which applied Flush to my satisfaction. I can make it work now so it's staying. :) But if I had known that the texture is what it is, I would have invested in a different blush. The rave reviews from bloggers who are experienced with wide range of products suggest that it might be personal preference thing or my application. For me personally, the formula doesn't wow me enough to justify the price. It's good but it's not spectacular. Some more affordable blushes (which would include high end blushes because Tom Ford blushes are so darn expensive) are much much better. I suggest swatching and testing before purchasing especially if you are not familiar with Tom Ford blush formulas.

Comments